cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Symbol

gshawns
Level 4
Does anyone else have this?

When I setup a backup job and go to select my servers, I see a tiny warning symbol next to two of the servers.  I can select them and the backup job seems to run fine but just trying to find out why that symbol is there.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

G_Murillo
Level 2
Accredited Certified
Hi gshawns.

This is an easy question.

All the remote servers must have installed the Backup Exec Remote Agent.  Apart from that the Backup Exec Remote agent can be forced to publish information to the Media Server. This is

Go to one of the servers that it is marked with a tiny warning symbol and from the Start Menu select "Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility". A new screen will appear. Search for the tab "Publishing" and add to the list the name of the

G_Murillo
Level 2
Accredited Certified
Hi gshawns.

All the remote servers must have installed the Backup Exec Remote Agent.  Apart from that the Backup Exec Remote agent can be forced to publish information to the Media Server. This is the

Go to one of the servers that it is marked with a tiny warning symbol and from the Start Menu select "Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility". A new screen will appear. Search for the tab "Publishing" and add to the list the name of the

G_Murillo
Level 2
Accredited Certified
Hi gshawns.

All the remote servers must have installed the Backup Exec Remote Agent.  Apart from that the Backup Exec Remote agent can be forced to publish information to the Media Server. This is the remote agent can be forced to explicity says to the Media Server "Hey I am here". If explicity publishing on the remote agents it is not enabled then you will see that tiny yellow icon. 

For solving that go to one of the servers that it is marked with a tiny warning symbol and from the Start Menu select "Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility". A new screen will appear. Search for the tab "Publishing" and add to the list the name of the Media Server. Recycle the backup exec servicies and you will see that the yellow icon does not appear anymore.

Kind Regards.

Stephan_Zerth
Level 3
Thats correct.
Let me add the following: Every update (FP, reinstall) of the remote agent will not preserve this setting. It has to be reenabled manual on every server again. This is one more annoying behavior of this product...

gshawns
Level 4
That worked.  Thanks for the info.  Now there is a little "window" instead.  It looks like maybe an application icon...?  Any idea what that is for?   Also, how in the heck did you guys figure that out?  Is it in the documentation somewhere?