cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We bought an 11d upgrade, can I use it for earlier versions of BE?

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4
We went out and bought an upgrade version of 11d with Remote and SQL agents.
The documentation I have "Symantec Support" contracts, but I guess I need to go to the web
to generate License Codes.

I go out to the website to generate codes, and it seems to want prior registered versions of BE to
be able to upgrade to 11d.

I dont have any.  I'm trying to use this as an upgrade to 9.1   What do I do?
Right now i'm at about day 7 of my '60 day eval' and need to get some license codes installed.
Any recommendations?  Any links around here where I can send Symantec my issues?
I dont want to call becasue it is such a hassle.  If I could figure this out online, I'd be very happy.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
And it won't accept v9.1 as a valid prior version?

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4
The software installs fine as an upgrade, but when you get to the point of having to put in your License Keys,
I have no way to get them.  I have support contracts printed out from Symantec, but when I go to the web to obtain a License Keys, the prior versions we have dont show up on the website.
So when I follow the link to get 'upgrade' license keys, I have no prior versions to choose to get the job done.

This web licensing is very annoying & confusing.  Why cant they just include the license codes on the Support contracts?
That is how I have gotten my license keys before.

Katolight
Level 3
I had to call in to their 800 # to get someone to help with me with the licensing as I had the same issue. They had my previous codes in there under a different company code. Same company just a different company code. After the tech found them they emailed me the "Upgrade codes" that I could then use on the website to generate the new codes.

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4
Okay, I got everything registered, (BE, Remote Agent and SQL) except for when I put my SQL Agent License Key in,
it reports as a SQL 2000 Agent.

This isnt normal is it?
I'm going to be going after a SQL 2005 server with this agent - and want to make sure it works.

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4
I got word back from Symantec MySupport that as long as the SQL Agent registers with the License Key, (even though it says SQL 2000) it will work with SQL 2005.

I have tried and verified that it worked with my SQL 2005 server.

All is well.