cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these files

Kent_Fichtner
Level 2
on our exchange server we are getting files that are over 1gb each. They are going to "C:\backup - 12032005 - indiv mailboxes" and "C:\backup - veritas". all said there is 75 files and they total 81Gb of information. I need to do something about this since it is over half of our space.

The files are called "B2D0000**" where the two ** are numbers staring with 01 going to about 75. They are all from 3 days...and as far as i can tell there is nothing special on those days.

there is also two other files in the same folders. a "Changer.cfg" and a "folder.cfg". each only 1-2 kb.

First off what are these files and second where can i make the backup exec over write them after a bit.
5 REPLIES 5

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Do you run the backups to a backup to disk folder? Do have a backup to disk folder created in the paths "C:\backup - veritas" and "12032005 - indiv mailboxes"?

Thanks,

asma

Kent_Fichtner
Level 2
We do back ups to a internal tape drive that we replace (the tapes) every day. Which is odd why it would be putting these files on our server...we have been doing tapes like this for 2 years and a week ago was when the files were put out.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you tell us what options have you selected in the Job properties under Device and Media Tab?

Thank You,

Shweta

Kent_Fichtner
Level 2
Device: Dell1
Media Set: Media Set
Famly Name : Media created 8/17/2006 4:33:54pm

When This Job Begins
Overwrite Media

-Write Checksums to media

Does this help? Thanks for getting back to me

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The B2D files which you see get generated if you are backing up data to that path on a Backup to Disk folder.

Is the size of files increasing, even though no backup jobs are running to that Backup to Disk folder?

Do you see any Backup to Disk folder created in "Devices" tab..?

Regards
Padmaja