cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen when Active Directory Domain Controller down

Allen_John
Level 4

as per the following link it ask the username/password for disaster recovery. If the username/password is the domain admin crediantials and the domain controller is down, what happen then ? how can we proceed further to restore any SDR

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH180099

7 REPLIES 7

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to use the (DSRM) recovery user name and password. This is the same one used while setting up the Domain Controller.

Allen_John
Level 4

if be2012 is running , can we set it now (DSRM) ?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Typically, when you install the OS and Backup Exec you need to restart the server in the DSRM mode and then perform the restore of System volumes (C:\ D:\ etc) and System State.

I am assuming this is what you are attempting to do.

Allen_John
Level 4

"my enviroment"

a. ) backupexec server 2012

b.)  domain controller 2008r2

c.)  free/spare physical system

going to restore a vtop restore via SDR. suppose this time the domain controller is down so when the physical system will be booted via SDR disk it prompts for username and password . suppose we used to using the domain admin user/password at this stage. so here if the domain controller is already down then how can we move ahead for the SDR restore as we cannot use the domain user/password.

VJware
Level 6

When a server to be recovered is booted using the SDR disk, it gives an option to choose a language and then presents the SDR screen. It does not prompt for any credentials at this stage.

Allen_John
Level 4

See figure # 13 from the below link please. I am talking about that window

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH180099

VJware
Level 6

This step can possibly be an issue when the server to be recovered is the DC. Couple of options...1) Use local admin credentials to connect to the remote Backup Exec server to access the backup sets...2) Have the backup sets locally attached to the DC (via tape, ext HDD etc).