cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ADRO licence ?

AS902
Level 4

I understand that the GRT backups and restores are free. But then Why do I need the ADRO licence ? I confused on this topic. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

So is the ADRO a licence for backuping up active directory just like there is a licence backing up exchange, sql and other application ?

ADRO is a license which enables you to restore individual AD items using the GRT feature.

Can I backup AD without this ADRO licence?

Yes, you can backup AD without ADRO (AD is a part of System State backup)

But, during restores you will not be able to perform Granular restores for AD objects.

Restoring individual items is possible if you just have GRT enabled for the backup jobs. Why is ADRO connected to GRT ?

No, in order to restore individual AD items, you will need ADRO installed (regardless of GRT enabled/disabled in the job)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

ADRO = Active Directory Recovery Option

If you have this license installed, you will be able to restore individual Active Directory objects using the GRT feature.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

GRT is a feature of the individual agents like Exchange, SharePoint or Active Directory Recovery Agent (ADRO)

Hence you need the agent to be able to make GRT backup/restore for the applications. These articles will help you

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO11768

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO12324

AS902
Level 4

Thanks for the response.. So is the ADRO a licence for backuping up active directory just like there is a licence backing up exchange, sql and other application ? If not how is it different from an application licence.

I'm sorry but may be my question is kiddish. I'm just confused. Restoring individual items is possible if you just have GRT enabled for the backup jobs. Why is ADRO connected to GRT ?

Can I backup AD without this ADRO licence ?

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

So is the ADRO a licence for backuping up active directory just like there is a licence backing up exchange, sql and other application ?

ADRO is a license which enables you to restore individual AD items using the GRT feature.

Can I backup AD without this ADRO licence?

Yes, you can backup AD without ADRO (AD is a part of System State backup)

But, during restores you will not be able to perform Granular restores for AD objects.

Restoring individual items is possible if you just have GRT enabled for the backup jobs. Why is ADRO connected to GRT ?

No, in order to restore individual AD items, you will need ADRO installed (regardless of GRT enabled/disabled in the job)

AS902
Level 4

got it. Thanks Jaydeep and Bhavik.