cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Backup Exec 20?

Nicronous
Level 0

I have been told that Backup exec 20 is just backup Exec 16 but under a different purchase model.

But if it is can someone send me a link to that officially states this, or explians what Backup Exec 20 is?

I have to approve all new versions of any backup software used in our location, Backup Exec 16 has been tested and approved, however I have no such testing on version 20. When I go online to download the latest version all I get is Backup Exec 16, yet when each or my companies locations attempts to purchase Backup Exec 16 they get pricing for Backup Exec 20.

11 REPLIES 11

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...might be some sort of internal code, but there is no Backup Exec 20. Unless this is the code for the new version whenever that comes out.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec 20.0 does exist - but had a limited release as was marketed for new customers that wanted subscription licensing only. If you visit our support website and look at Backup Exec documentation you will see compatibility lists etc for that version.

We are due to release a 20.x release for all customers shortly (date to be confirmed)

Backup Exec 16 is still available and pricing quotes can be calculated.  Please ask you vendor specifically for Backup Exec 16 pricing. The Licensing Guides for BE 16 and BE Subscription may also help answer some of your questions

Backup Exec 16 Licensing Guide

Backup Exec Subscription Licensing Guide

I'd like to know when this will be released so i can backup SQL 2017 properly.

Cheers

Colin_Weaver

It is still subject to change however it should be within the next month

I've noticed that BE 20.1 is now available to download in my licensing portal.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
BE 12.5 --> 2010 --> 2012 --> 2014 --> 16 --> 20.1 How does Symantec even get to those sort of naming conventions?

Is there some kind of changelog from 16 to 20.1?

Here is a link to the Release Notes which has what I think you're looking for...

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100042544

lmarques
Level 1

Backup exec 20 é somente a versão subescrição do produto, porem agora outras soluções da Veritas com Information maps e Access também podem complementar a  resiliência de seu ambiente.

Still I am not able to get download link for backup exec 20.

Guys please let me know from where I can download backup exec 20 setup iso. 

Gurvinder

go to support.veritas.com
Click on Licensing
Login and then click on downloads and you should find it there.

when you say Backup Exec 12 , do you mean BE 12.0 or BE 2012
If BE 12.0 then I would suggest better to Install 20.1 fresh and setup. Depending on the feasibility of recovering from old backup sets

If BE 2012, then upgrade to BE 16 and then upgrade to BE 20.1. Refer HCL and SCL of this version to make sure all is supported in this version prior to upgrade.