cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is on the tape?

Brian_Fluet
Level 3
I had someone handing the daily backup tape swap and their is now confusion as to what day is associated with what tape.  What is the easiest way to find out the details of a tape like when it was written, whether it is a full, diff, or inc, might even wish to figure out what files are on a tape?

Brian
4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Turvey
Level 4
If you select the Media tab then you should be able to select the tape that you are interested in.
That should tell you when the tape was last used etc.

You can also run a Catalog job on the tape.
Then if you create a Restore job you will be able to see what is availbale on which tape.

Brian_Fluet
Level 3
The tapes were cataloged however I couldn't figure out which catalog belonged to which cartridge.  The info found under Media helped me identify which cartridge was used on which day.  Thanks!

James_Ho
Level 4
While on the media tab, select the tape you are interested in. Right click on the tape and select RESTORE.
The next window will show you a list of the jobs that have been saved onto the tape. You can then click on CANCEL to get out of the restore window.

Jim

Dkromm
Level 3
cant you just run one of the reports i am sure there is on that actually answers that exact question because i just ran it breaks it down by tape