cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ports do i need for SDR restore

StingRay2015
Level 3

I have 2 servers on different subnet and with firewall in between.  What ports do i need to open in order for SDR option to work/communicate with the backup server. I am able to ping and talk to servers on the same subnet but i cant communicate or ping the Backup server which is on another subnet. I boot up SDR but cannot communicate with the backup server. My network settings are correct.

2 REPLIES 2

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

If you are unable to ping or communicate with the Backup Exec Server which is on the other subnet then there's definitely an issue with your network. You might want to fix that first. 

As far as Backup Exec is concerned, I'd request you to do/check the following: 
1. Firstly, refer to the following article: How to configure Backup Exec with Firewalls.
2. Also check the following article to know more about the ports used: List of TCP/UDP ports used by Backup Exec 11d and above 
3. Try connecting using the IP address first. If that does not work then try using the FQDN or Netbios name.
4. Try to access the administrative shares (C$ etc) from the remote server. 
5. The SDR wizard can help you as well. From the SDR wizard, check if you are able to ping the Backup Exece server and access shares using the command prompt from the Utilities tab. 
You might also want to check the Log Files available in the Utilities tab to see if there are more details about the issue.