cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When backing up multiple server failed job doesn't indicate which server failed

mali7208
Level 2

Greetings,

We are backing up multiple servers and when one of the servers failed backup exec doesn't indicate which one failed it just marked the job failed. Below is the error: Based on the error I found an article to do registry change, however, there are servel servers being backed up and I need to know where to do the registry change. Is there anyway to tell which server is failing? It is backup exec 2010 on windows 2008 server. Thank you in advance.

V-79-57344-65149 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume...Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE7D): Access is denied. To back up or restore System State, administrator privileges are required. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In the failed Job Log under Errors section you will find the server for which job has failed. 

EDIT:

For the error message refer to the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78329

mali7208
Level 2

Thank you for the response. The error log file doesn't always list the server that is failing, some times it just shows that the backup failed. When I compared the list of backed up servers and selection list it shows all servers as being backed up. Thank you.

VJware
Level 6

Open the failed job log and it would consist of 2 tabs. One being Job History and the other being Job Log. Expand both and check if you are able to find out where the failure was. If you are unable to, pls save both tabs and upload as attachments.

mali7208
Level 2

I have attached the log file. Thank you again.

VJware
Level 6

Per the job log, the failure is on this resource - "\\ISOACTIVESVR"

mali7208
Level 2

Thank you very much,