cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When deleting a job from the job history its associated job log file is not deleted, even though the following warning window pops up.

Ag_BC
Level 4

Has anyone on Backup Exec 2014 experience the same issues that happen to Backup Exec 2012 almost 2 years ago?

When deleting a job from the job history its associated job log file is not deleted, even though the following warning window pops up.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201425

I have been given the article above and after almost 2 years Symantec still has not resolve the issues in Backup Exec 2014. Please reply if you also experience the same issues?

My issues is even worst, when after the database maintenance, job history is being deleted but not the job logs. So now I lost track which job logs should be deleted manually. Also I have a lot of jobs everday, over the past 60 days we are talking about hundreds of jobs log need to be manually deleted.

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Run an extensive DB maintenance using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239

And is the "Delete aged data" option enabled under Database Maintenace options ? If yes, what is the time period set for Job Logs ?

Ag_BC
Level 4

Hi I have done extensive test every week with Symantec baseline engineer instruction and this is unreasonable approach as an weekly workaround. This issues has been for more than 1 years since backup exec 2012 and still no fix for this solution. I am suffering from C drive filling up on the media server. Can Symantec advise when this will be fix?

The solution from the TECH Note Manually delete the job log files, and Wait for the database maintenance operation to be performed after the number of days to keep job logs exceeds. is not a solution as we need to keep the log for 365 days and daily job logs should be deleted after 1 week backup cycle and weekly backup should be deleted after 4 weeks backup cycle and Monthly backup keep for 12 months and yearly backup keep for 7 years. Your workaround unable to resolve my issues.

Manual delete job logs? This is a very unprofessional and dangerous solution to customers as it may in result of accidentially delete the wrong job logs files and we have hunderds of jobs logs need to be deleted.

Symantec has made the problematic software left it for almost 2 years without fixing it and given a workaround that is danger to acheive. Symantec when can it be fixed? Can a ETA be provided?

VJware
Level 6

Would you pls PM me the case number ? Thanks.

Ag_BC
Level 4

VJware, I have PM you. Do you have any update to share with me and the public? When the fix will be release?

VJware
Level 6

Hiya Ag BC,

I believe the BL engineer who has been assigned to your case has already communicated with you an update. Is this not the case ?

Thanks,

Vivek

Ag_BC
Level 4

Hi Vivek

Symantec still unable to provide ETA of the resolution after almost 2 years of investigation to TECH201425.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201425&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US

I lodge the case on 3-Sep-2014 and it is lack of response until I email and call the duty manager on 21-Oct-2014.

Response from Symantec Baseline Engineer is below:::::::::::::::::

Greetings to you and hope things are good at your end.

The engineering team is still working on the issue at the moment to get it fixed as early as possible.

I don’t have an ETA at present and I shall update you as soon as I hear from the team.

The technote has been updated to reflect BE 2014 as well.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Question 1: Can you provide ETA of resolution or when can a ETA of resolution can be provided?

Question 2: Why Symantec left the issues fore almost 2 years and not fixing the issues? Especially the workaround is not really a workaround. It seem like Symantec does not have quality control of this product to make sure all the bugs fix in timely manner.

As most of the Symantec Customers would have interest to know the answer especially for my Questions 2.

Regards,

Ag BC

Ag_BC
Level 4

Hi Symantec

Do you have any update?

Regards,

Ag BC

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

A fix for this issue has been successfully tested with an internal build of Backup Exec. It is slated to be released with the next service pack before the year's end. That is all I can share for now.

Ag_BC
Level 4

Hi Symantec,

Thanks you and finally provide me the update and it seem like the main purpose to have this forum is for support maintenance customers to get the case update when they are unable to get response or update from support case manager.

thanks again and I am looking forward the next service pack release.

Regards,

Ag BC