cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is NDMP option in BE 2014

Syed_Mazhar
Level 3

Where is NDMP option in Backup Exec 2014? I am trying to connect an Offsite/remote NAS with BE 2014 for DR plan.

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

NDMP is a payable option.  You need to purchase and install the NDMP option licence before you can see it in the console.

Syed_Mazhar
Level 3

Thanks for Clarification. Is there any way I can use BE 2014 standard features to create a disk-storage from an Offsite/remote NAS (Synology RS 812+) ?

The idea is that I want to create an offsite backup for DR using a NAS in a remote data center. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for clarity the NDMP option is used to backup stuff up from an NDMP device, it is not used to make an NDMP device into a backup storage device.

Your options for that are

- CIFS shares

- Compatible OST Hardware devices

- Install a media server at the DR site, attached the disk storage to the media server via SAN technologies and then used optimized duplication between the media server (which will need a deduplication setup on both servers and appropriate licenses)

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Note that if you just backup to a device at a remote location, your line quality must be good. Any dropped packets and your job will fail