cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is TECH9855?

DaveBahsler
Level 2

In the past I have changed the default media labeling options in Backup Exec and recorded the instructions as a link to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH9855.

Now I need to change these options again and cannot find this link on the Symantec site.

Can someone help me to find this tech document?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

_r___
Level 6
Certified

Typically this happens when the article has expired. Best bet is to call Symantec for guidance or have them point you to the replacement article.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

_r___
Level 6
Certified

Typically this happens when the article has expired. Best bet is to call Symantec for guidance or have them point you to the replacement article.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Describe in detail what exactly you are trying to do.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The content per TECH9855 applies only to BE 2010 and earlier and are as follows:-

"Media used in Backup Exec is identified by its media label. This label consists of a prefix that identifies the cartridge type, and an incrementing number.

When new, blank, or unlabeled media is used during a backup operation, Backup Exec automatically labels the media as it is overwritten. Customized names can be specified under Tools | Options | Media Management"

DaveBahsler
Level 2

Hello pkh

In the past I have changed the default label that Backup Exec give new tapes that are put into the drive.  Since BE 2010 we have upgraded to BE 2012 and the custom names I set in BE 2010 are not compatable with our new barcode labeling scheme.  How do I change the default names in the newer BE versions?

Dave

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Barcodes become the media names/labels (even in BE 2010)

DaveBahsler
Level 2

Yes, I understand that, and maybe this question is not a big deal...

But I would just like to know if there is a way to change the default naming if a blank tape is inserted without a bar code label?

If the answer is no, that is fine too... then we can jsut close this thread.

Dave