cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get the Domino Agent for Backup Exec 2010?

andre_baettig
Level 3
Hi

I installed the domino agent license, but can't find the domino agent to push to the Lotus Notes Server. All I can see is:
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Remote Agent for Windwos Systems
- Desktop and Laptop Agent
- DLO-Managementservice

Thanks for your help

Andre
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Andre,

The agent is a license which you install on your media server. All this does is unlock the functionality to see Lotus/Exchange/SQL etc, and therefore back it up.
the way it would do this is via the Remote Agent being installed on the remote server (or your media server if you only have 1 server to back up).
So...

1. License the agent from Symantec, and load on your backup server.
2. Install the Remote Agent on your remote server running Lotus. You can do this via a push install from the media server (assuming Lotus is hosted on another server).
3. In your selection list, browse to that server & you should see Lotus showing up now.

Laters!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-install-lotus-notes-agent-remote-domino-server

Just saw that...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
See previous forum query that you opened...I answered it there :)

andre_baettig
Level 3
What do you mean with "See previous forum query that you opened...I answered it there". I havent saved the query and I was not finding a solution in the previous articles.
Can you please give me a hint where to get the agent from?

Thanks

Andre

CraigV
Hi Andre,

The agent is a license which you install on your media server. All this does is unlock the functionality to see Lotus/Exchange/SQL etc, and therefore back it up.
the way it would do this is via the Remote Agent being installed on the remote server (or your media server if you only have 1 server to back up).
So...

1. License the agent from Symantec, and load on your backup server.
2. Install the Remote Agent on your remote server running Lotus. You can do this via a push install from the media server (assuming Lotus is hosted on another server).
3. In your selection list, browse to that server & you should see Lotus showing up now.

Laters!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-install-lotus-notes-agent-remote-domino-server

Just saw that...

pkh
   VIP    Certified