Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to install LEO license?

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Hi Guys,

Need your help, I'm quite confuse on where to install my Library Expansion Option licenses. One LEO is free when you bought a media server license right? As per my knowledge no matter how many BEWS Media Server license you bought, you'll only have one free. And so we purchased three Library Expansion Option since we are using four tape drives. Now, my problem is we have 6 Media Server, and I don't know where am I going to input those 3 licenses.  Do I need to input them on all of the servers? or do I need to choose only three? But, if that's the case, how is the rest? Thanks...Kindly help..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

You are quite correct. Backup Exec ships with 1 license for a library. It's per drive. If you have an autoloader, you don't need a license. If it's something like an MSL/ESL/EML-e, then the LEO gets installed on the server with those drives. If it has 2 drives, you install a license on that server.
Those licenses get put on your server that connects to that library, and you add the number of licenses for the number of drives you have...in this case those additional 3.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Hi,

You are quite correct. Backup Exec ships with 1 license for a library. It's per drive. If you have an autoloader, you don't need a license. If it's something like an MSL/ESL/EML-e, then the LEO gets installed on the server with those drives. If it has 2 drives, you install a license on that server.
Those licenses get put on your server that connects to that library, and you add the number of licenses for the number of drives you have...in this case those additional 3.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
One LEO is free when you bought a media server license right? As per my knowledge no matter how many BEWS Media Server license you bought, you'll only have one free.

You can run one loader with one tape drive on each media server that you have a loader connected to

You only need an  LEO if you have more than one drive in a loader, or more than one loader attached to a singel media server

You install the LEO on the  media server that the affected library is attached to

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Thanks for the help..I'm in late reply..but its well appreciated..

CraigV
Hi,

No problemo! Could you mark this as a solution please? =)

CraigV
Hi, can you mark a solution so this can get closed off?
Thanks!

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
I think it was already marked as solved.