cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Tape Drive Manufacturer is Bundling Backup Exec 2010 Quick Start Server Edition?

saberman
Level 4

A number of tape drive manufacturers bundle Backup Exec Quick Start Server Edition with their drives.  Unfortunately, it is often very difficult to find out whick version of Backup Exec Quick Start Server Edition is included.

Since each tape drive manufacturer has to have a license agreement with Symantec to bundle a give version of Backup Exec Quick Start Server Edition it should be possible to obtain a list of those tape drive manufacturers that have a license to bundle the 2010 version.  Is that available on the Symantic web site and if so where is it?  If it is not on the Symantec web site how can I obtain the list?

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello 

Not sure if there is any list of tape drive manufactures who provide the Quick start edition.

As far as I know Dell, Tandberg, Sony & Quantum provides the Quick Start Edition along with the device.

saberman
Level 4
The question is which tape drive manufacturer bundles the current version (2010) of Bacup Exec Quick Start Server Edition -- the one that works on Windows 7 / windows Server 2008 R2.

I think Dell and Sony are bundling 12.5 (which cannot be installed on Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2) and Quantum's web site says they are bundling 8 (which is quite old).