cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tapes were used by a backup job

Zvonimir_Magoc
Level 3
Our weekly backup spans across 3 tapes.
How can I find out what tapes were used by particular job?
I can see which tape was used to start the job under job properties, Device & Media Info. - Medial Label. Is there a log that keeps track of what tape was used as a second and as a third tape?

*we are using BE10

Thanks for your help,
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
If you look down through the log file you should be able to find entries in the log for the other two tapes which are used. They don't show up as much as the initial entry since that also lists the media set etc information, but they are there.

If the tapes are labelled sequencially, eg 4mm0000x, or lto0000x etc, then you could try searching through the log to find the other two entries, and save yourself hunting through the entire log.

Zvonimir_Magoc
Level 3
Keith,
I could find the tapes by using Find function - thanks.
However, I was looking for something like one line summary that lists all the tapes used by the job?

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Thinking about it, is it just one big backup job, or multiple jobs which you're trying to determine which tapes are used by each?

If it's just the one job then you could look in Media, go into your media set, and then sort the list by Allocated Date. The allocated date shows the date and time each tape started to be used, so from that you should be able to easily determine which three tapes were used on each days backup.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
from the reports tab, doesn't the media set report list all volumes belonging to a specific backup?

(It's been a while since I looked, and I'm off-site today, so I'm not sure)

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thanks.