Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does BE2014 skip bak file???

Dracarys1
Level 3

Hi all

I am running BE 2014 on Windows Server 2012 R2

Recently BE2014 skipped bak file in MSSQL backup folder so I checked AOFO it was already checked it.

What should I do to resolve it?

be2014error.pngbe2014error1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

You also could have VSS/Volsnap error in the Event Logs and VSS/AOFO is failing to snap the volume.

Expand the job log and search the job log for "An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes."

If you see the above there is a underlying VSS/VOLSNAP problem on the server being backed up .  Review the Application and System log for   VSS or VOLSNAP Event Errors. View the details of these events.  The Details of these events should be self explanatory on the solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This appears to be more a permission problem.  The Backup directory is either missing or cannot be accessed by BE.

You should also run chkdsk /f on that disk to fix any disk problem.

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

You also could have VSS/Volsnap error in the Event Logs and VSS/AOFO is failing to snap the volume.

Expand the job log and search the job log for "An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes."

If you see the above there is a underlying VSS/VOLSNAP problem on the server being backed up .  Review the Application and System log for   VSS or VOLSNAP Event Errors. View the details of these events.  The Details of these events should be self explanatory on the solutions.

Thank you Steve-young

Yes, I also could have VSS error as "An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes."

I will check Application and System log and reply you. Thanks a lot.