cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it trying to backup a drive I don't have selected?

Jeff_Beedham
Level 3
I am having trouble with our Veritas Backup Executive 9.1. My Nightly Backup is reported to be failing because it can't access the E drive on one of our Network Shares. This network share is on the same server the veritas runs on.

There is no E drive on this server and I have made sure there is no E drive picked in selections. It does not even list an E drive in selections. However, this E drive shows up in resource order and resource credentials. As far as I can tell, there is no way to delete it out of there. What should I do? Help!
4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
take a look at the selection list in text mode, as graphical mode is based on a lot of stuff not in the actual list.

Jeff_Beedham
Level 3
I viewed it in text mode and it does not show it there. I went and removed that server from being backed up in the list. However, it still shows the E drive in Resource Order and Resource Credentials.

Do you think the best thing to do would be to just create a new backup?

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
at the very least, wipe the selection list and create a clean one, something is seriously wrong with that one.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned earlier please try creating a new selection and verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Message was edited by:
Sharvari DeshmukhMessage was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh