cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some backups don't run according to the schedule

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

I have 10 PC's I am trying to backup using the Desktop and Laptop Option. I am just backing up a few folders on each PC. I have them set to run every night at 10:00 and into a network folder that gets backed up by backup exec. Some work fine every night. Some don;t backup at all, some won;t backup any Quickbooks files. I have them all set up the same as far as the profile. Is there something I am overlooking and why some work and some don;t. Thank you.!!

4 REPLIES 4

JK81
Level 4

Is this an intermittent issue?

When you say some PC's backup dont work, do you mean that they have never worked (as in never been backed up as per schedule) or they do get backed up sometime?

What happens if run a manual job - do they backup?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The user is using DLO.  There is no backup job per se.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) BE 2012 does not have DLO.  Are you using DLO 7?

2) Are all the PC's powered up during the backup time?

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

I am using DLO 7. I have the profiles set to backup on a schedule and if they are turned off or logged off, to backup when the user logs in the next time. But some of these PC's are logged on the next morning and the backup does not run.Some of them do not backup the whole file either, just a portion. I am trying to do a full backup of a few files each day. It will tell me that the backup was sucessful but it shows 0 bytes or just a few files backed up. On one PC the Quickbooks files will not backup and I get an error that says access denied.