cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Backup Exec 2010 support Oracle 11g Failesafe?

rmohite
Level 3
Partner

Hi All,

Can any one tell me whether Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 supported for Oracle 11g R1 in mircosoft cluster failsafe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. It is supported for R1, but as Rahul said Oracle 11g R2 is not supported.

sammy_perfect
Level 5

Hi ,

In addition to that if you see page no 44 point no 5 when you open that link shared by rahul it describes about support for

Oracle 10g R1 and 10g R2 RAC supported on RHEL 4.0 with OCFS2.

So answer to your query will be no (Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 supported for Oracle 11g R1 in mircosoft cluster failsafe?)

Thank You

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You interpretation of the SCL is not correct.  What you have quoted, is in addition to the other support.  Read page 22 Note 3 properly.

PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER IF YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE SCL!

sammy_perfect
Level 5

& pkh

Before understanding my interpreatation of SCL I would request you to interpret SCL properly , as per supported list we do support oracle 11g r1 but our dear customer has got oracle 11g r1 in cluster safe which we dont support yet & nor r2 , we support that till oracle 10 g which has been pointed by me on page no 44

So in bracket I have clearly mention oracle 11 g r1 in cluster safe is not supported

markee
Level 2

@ PHK,

The trusted advsior; so disaster made by you above do you have any comment on same or does BE 2010 support oracle safe for version 11 g R1 could you please put some light on that so that rmohite can understand what is right & wrong as rmohite & all of us would be waiting  to see your comment or still you are trying to interpret SCL!

See guys this is disaster made by our Trusted advisor pkh if this mistake was done by anybody else he woud have banned someone or had given strong reaction but as he has done it he safely ignore it as always....... he has license to do anything............ lol.........carry on PKH :(

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

markee: you're not sammy_perfect are you?

Anyways, please stop flaming in the forums. The whole idea behind this is to get solutions for people, which actually benefit all.

If you have an issue with someone, take it offline with them, or take the issue to a forum admin to sort it out.

This isn't an opportunity for a personal vendetta against someone. Keep these forums clean please.

Cheers...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I agree with Craig . Incase if anyone  have any feedback please send a private message to the user .

So the botom line for this issue is Oracle 11g R2 is  not supported . Please mark the post as resolved .

CraigV

...lame to get so many negative marks...luckily admins can check up on who abuses the system!

CraigV

Done RahulG!