cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Vista OS be supported for Backup Exec ?

Eddie_Carter
Level 3
Does any know if Backup Exec will be supported to run on vista?  I bought a tape unit that came with Backup Exec, but i use it on a high end video workstation to backup my projects.  So i am dead in water until Vista is supported as an OS.

Does anyone have any firm information on this.  If and/or when it will be supported?  A symantec website said vista would be supported in 1Q 2007. 

Thanks

Eddie Carter
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Drom the ReadMe for v11d.7170

RAWS on Vista is supported, and DLO on Vista is supported, but the media server is not supported on Vista.

probably either the next dot version or v12 will.  no firm date that I can find

Eddie_Carter
Level 3
What is RAWS and DLO ?  The problem i have is with media server.   It wont connect to it on Vista. 

herve_lequippe
Level 4
Employee
Eddie,

Check BE11d Enhanced Build (7170) that can be downloaded from www.backupexec.com
This new build supports Vista.

Note that because of the many internal changes within Windows Vista, we support Vista as a target desktop OS by being able to back it up through Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) or Advanced Open File Option (AOFO). We also support runnign the backup Exec console on a Vista based machine.
We DO NOT support running the backup Exec core product on a Vista based machine though (because of all the internal changes within Vista)

Herve Lequippe
Sr. Principal Technical Product Manager