cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this work?

harps
Level 4

Hi Folks

Im looking to purchase a hp MSL2024 LTO6 6250 SAS tape loader. Im wanting to connect it directly to my backup server via cable. Is this do-able? ive looked at the be12 compatibility list and it doesnt have a check next to ndmp or eso. is this going to cause me a problem with what i want to do? i dont understand the docs

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes it is compatible according to the BE 2012 HCL. Since it is a SAS connection it means it needs to be directly-attached. NDMP isn't supported on it, hence no tick. Enterprise Server Option with SAN SSO is also not supported as this is for a fibre-attached tape library.

Therefore as a direct-attached library the HCL states it will work. Just make sure you have the latest driver installed (DDI 2012 20120615) or newer...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes it is compatible according to the BE 2012 HCL. Since it is a SAS connection it means it needs to be directly-attached. NDMP isn't supported on it, hence no tick. Enterprise Server Option with SAN SSO is also not supported as this is for a fibre-attached tape library.

Therefore as a direct-attached library the HCL states it will work. Just make sure you have the latest driver installed (DDI 2012 20120615) or newer...

Thanks!