cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2012 Hyper-V list empty

huit
Level 3

Hi,

On my brand new installation of Hyper-V machine on Windows 2012 server works well.

But in Backupexec 2014 trial the list is empty, I cannot backup.

I was searching through the internet but did not find any solution.

Képkivágás_0.JPG

Képkivágás2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

huit
Level 3
I found the solution. I changed the local (Hungarian) language to English and now everything works...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

huit
Level 3

Couldsomeone, please, help me what can be missing in the setup?
Hyper-V agents installed to VMs.

Thanks a lot.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you enable the Hyper-V option?

huit
Level 3

Hi,

If you mean that install the Hyper-V option from the setup disk, yes, I installed this option.

Do I also need to enable it separetly?

If I click on "Add new server", I also have Hyper-V possibility.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the BE 2014 remote agent installed on the Hyper-V host ? And is this host part of a cluster or stand-alone ?

Does the BESA have administrative rights on the Hyper-V host ? Is the Hyper-V VSS writer enabled ?

Lastly, try removing and readd the Hyper-V option on the BE server as well.

huit
Level 3

Toay I tried everything, removed the BE server and reinstalled, checked all rights, no success, list is empty.
I tried inbuilt  Windows Backup, it worked without any error.
Hyper-V VSS writer also enabled.
This is not a cluster (or part of it).

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you pls enable SGMon debugging and start the debug capture just before you try to open the selection list. Pls post/pm the log.

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Does your test credentials work ? Also provide an SGmon log please we don't have much to go on

huit
Level 3
I found the solution. I changed the local (Hungarian) language to English and now everything works...

Marecki
Level 2

Hi.

I have the same problem. Could you please tell me what you have dane exactly. Did you change the language on the host server or where the BE 2014 is installed? (reinstall on different language version) or just changed in regional options?