cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows remote agent install

aschanha
Level 2

When I am trying to install the windows remote agent onto one of my servers it faisl with the following error code 1603.

This machine had the agent on previously but the service would not start so I uninstalled the agent then tried to reinstall.

It is on a windows 2008 standard box and am using backup exec 2012.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aschanha
Level 2

I tried all available methods and it appears that it hadn't previously un-installed cleanly. After manual clearing all entries from the registry relating to the install it then went back on cleanly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1603 is a very generic error code. Have you tried both install options, i.e. push install and a local install ?

If yes, would you post/pm the install logs.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried rebooting the machines before installing the agent again ?

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You might want to attempt installing the 2012 Agent for Windows using a different method, All available methods with instructions are listed in the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179142 - How to install Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows

aschanha
Level 2

I tried all available methods and it appears that it hadn't previously un-installed cleanly. After manual clearing all entries from the registry relating to the install it then went back on cleanly