Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows system state backup duplicate from disk to tape error

PhamTrong
Level 2

Environment

Windows 2008 Standard SP2 64bit

Backup Exec 15 ver 14.2 rev 1180, tape drive IBM HH LTO Gen 4

1. I have noticed that the windows server system state backup full to disk then duplicate to tape => backup is successful. But when I run backup windows server system state backup differential to disk then duplicate to tape => backup is unsucessful (job rate is 0MB/Min) (of course, system state backup to disk is sucessful).

2. Weird System State backup size: it's mention at issue : https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/weird-system-state-backup-size . it's still happen in backup exec 15.

Please help me solve it.

Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I would suggest logging a support call with Symantec for them to get this sorted out!

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What error do you receive during the duplicate ?

Is the duplicate set to run immediately after the completion of the source task or on a schedule ?

Also, what are the retention settings for the full + differential to disk ?

PhamTrong
Level 2

Many thanks!

What error do you receive during the duplicate ?

=>No error receive during backup, it shows curent job rate is 0 MB/min, Byte Count is xxGB. 6 hours or more later, the status is still the same.

Is the duplicate set to run immediately after the completion of the source task or on a schedule ?

=> Yes, it is. The duplicate set to run immediately after the completion of the source task.

What are the retention settings for the full + differential to disk ?

=> Please see capture options backup in attached file

VJware
Level 6

Is there any alert when the duplicate to tape runs ?

If not, debug will help figure out what's happening in the background when the duplicate to tape runs.

Also, any specific reason for having 2 Differential Stages in one backup job ?

PhamTrong
Level 2

Is there any alert when the duplicate to tape runs ?

=> No, there isn't.

If not, debug will help figure out what's happening in the background when the duplicate to tape runs

=> It is The Backup Exec Debug Monitor (BEDM), is that right? It is quite complex, I'll try.

Also, any specific reason for having 2 Differential Stages in one backup job ?

=> Differential bakup on Sunday is not important, so it is not duplicate to tape. Other Differential bakup is dupplicate to tape.

VJware
Level 6

It'll be easier to log a support case and involve an engineer who can assist with the debugging.