cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows2003 SBS and BE9.1

Not applicable
Hi,we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the verybeginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all Tapes(differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition overseveral data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translationfrom German)It ends with "No success".Does anyone know about this message?In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a fewturns.We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without success.It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping allBE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the sameError-Message. OT?Thanx 4 all new ideas.Ren�
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable
Rene wrote:> Hi,> we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the very> beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all Tapes> (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.> > Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over> several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation> from German)> > It ends with "No success".> Does anyone know about this message?> In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.> deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few> turns.> We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without success.> It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all> BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same> Error-Message. OT?> > Thanx 4 all new ideas.> > René> > See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

Not applicable
Hi Ken. Thanx 4 u'r reply. But ... isn't that only deleting the symptoms.IMHO it doesn't describe why it happens with a lot of our tapes.Ren�"Ken Putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:41e6a3f4@ROSASTDMZ05....> Rene wrote:> > Hi,> > we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From thevery> > beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly allTapes> > (differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.> >> > Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over> > several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation> > from German)> >> > It ends with "No success".> > Does anyone know about this message?> > In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.> > deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few> > turns.> > We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Withoutsuccess.> > It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all> > BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same> > Error-Message. OT?> >> > Thanx 4 all new ideas.> >> > Ren�> >> >>>> See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

Not applicable
Rene wrote:> Hi Ken. Thanx 4 u'r reply. But ... isn't that only deleting the symptoms.> IMHO it doesn't describe why it happens with a lot of our tapes.> > René> > > "Ken Putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag> news:41e6a3f4@ROSASTDMZ05....> >>Rene wrote:>>>>>Hi,>>>we are working on W2k3 SBS-Server with Seagate DAT 36/72GB. From the> > very> >>>beginning our daily backup with BE 9.1 doesn't work fine. Nearly all> > Tapes> >>>(differ/normal-Backup) are produce this error.>>>>>>Error-Code: 0X452 "With the access to a new volume of a partition over>>>several data media the current block size is wrong" (my free translation>>>from German)>>>>>>It ends with "No success".>>>Does anyone know about this message?>>>In the meantime we managed this problem with temporary solutions: e.g.>>>deleting all the medias in the pool. Afterwards they work fine for a few>>>turns.>>>We changed all the tapes 2 times and the also Tape-Drive. Without> > success.> >>>It seems not to be a problem from Veritas because after stopping all>>>BE-Services and Backing-up with Windows we are getting the same>>>Error-Message. OT?>>>>>>Thanx 4 all new ideas.>>>>>>René>>>>>>>>>>>>See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm> > > Yeah, but veritas apparently doesn't have much of a handle on this. I ahd problems like this with one of my v7.0 media servers and never really got an answer then either