cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working link to Backup Exec v8.6 3878 update

Veritas_Veteran
Level 2

I am trying to locate a live and working link to download the update from Backup Exec v8.6 3808 to 3878.  All the posts seem to point to dead links.

3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6

Gosh, that's an old one from the late 90's!  Hopefully a Symc employee may have some insider knowledge for you on a location.

Though the pessimist in me says, it's too old and it is not supported and may not be hosted anymore.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Some older products were removed from availability when we changed our Knowledge Management (KM) system last year, however. I had a look on both our old KM system and on our engineering server and the installer for that particular version is not available to support. As it was not on our old (KM) system either there is a chance that it was distributed on CD only and was never posted on the (Veritas) website. Especially as at the time that version was on general release, fast download links were not available, to most companies anyway, for large amounts of data.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

@I used to have in in my AT&T briefcase intil AT&T cut that feature with no warning (at least none that I ever received)

I looked around, but don't have the files anymore

@Colin

At one time the v8.0, v8.5 and v8.6 were all available for download.  After they were removed from the old system, the v7.3 files were still there, go figure! surprise