cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working w/ sharepoint

Eric_Dreksler
Not applicable
I installed the beta on a standalone pc that i put a copy of Win2K3 server. I tried backing up a development server that has Win2K3 server on it and our new SharePoint intraweb that we're about to deploy. However, shortly after starting a continuous backup the sharepoint service stopped working.

It asked for the authentication to log on to it (which should be automatic to the current user login) and would then lock up trying to open the home page.

Any suggestions as to why this happened or how to fix it, and does panther have the ability to restore individual settings / pages w/in sharepoint, or just the whole site?

What other info do I need to post?

Thanks In Advance
2 REPLIES 2

Bebeta_Support
Level 4
Track:

We do not have a SharePoint agent for CPS. However, our mere existence should not cause the SharePoint service to fail.

We'll do some testing in-house and wil post our findings as soon as they become available.

Many thanks for that information.

Bebeta_Support
Level 4
Eric.

Symantec tested and we were able to protect data from a SharePoint Portal Server machine with CPS without issue - a continuous job of a local folder on the SharePoint Portal Server machine (CPS installed on a separate machine). The data was backed up and the SharePoint Portal Server portals were accessible, as was the SharePoint Portal Server Admin page. None of the SharePoint services were affected.

Follow-ups:

Is this SharePoint Portal Server or SharePoint Services?

Does your job include SharePoint data or are you protecting only non-SharePoint data on the SharePoint Server?

Thanks again.