cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong credentials (domain\username) inserted during push remote windows agent update.

Arild_Carlsen
Level 3
Partner

I am experiencing that the update server agent utility is failing on some of our servers. The failure is access denied message during logon to the remote server during installation. When I looked into the C:\ProgramData\Veritas\Backup Exec\PushLogs folder and examined the logs for the failing servers. I realized that there is an inconsistency with how the logon sequence use the domain\username as credentials. On the failing servers it uses computername\username instead of domain\username.

Question: 
Have you seen this behavior elsewhere ? And how do I modify the update agent utility to use the correct logon credentials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arild_Carlsen
Level 3
Partner

Problem solved, after playing around with Logon Account Management in BE settings i noticed that the System Logon Account and the domain admin account had split into two separate entries. Which was not the case prior to the BE upgrade. Then it was just a green marker to indicate default account on the domain admin user entry.
So after realizing the entries had changed I tested the remote agent update again.

Now the push install worked for all the failing servers and the pushlog shows correct logon credentials. "domain\username" and not "computername\username".

Why this was an issue on just a portion of the remote windows agents I have not figured out.  Maybe Veritas support can explain. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Arild_Carlsen
Level 3
Partner

Problem solved, after playing around with Logon Account Management in BE settings i noticed that the System Logon Account and the domain admin account had split into two separate entries. Which was not the case prior to the BE upgrade. Then it was just a green marker to indicate default account on the domain admin user entry.
So after realizing the entries had changed I tested the remote agent update again.

Now the push install worked for all the failing servers and the pushlog shows correct logon credentials. "domain\username" and not "computername\username".

Why this was an issue on just a portion of the remote windows agents I have not figured out.  Maybe Veritas support can explain.