cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Yet another) Tape Ejects Problem, but its different I swear!

Kelly__Prior
Level 2
On my 2003 SBS server, I unselected some exchange accounts, submitted the change, and have had this bizarre problem ever since.

The server ejects the tape before the backup starts, it says "loading media" but then the tape ejects as soon as it rewinds.

If I reboot the server, I get one good backup before it happens again. Even if I start and stop all BE services, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The job is not set to eject media after it completes, and there should be enough space on the tape for the data.

I'm getting pretty desperate here - I can't reboot the server every day, and this particular server stores project data (plus is our exchange server). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I've been staring at this for so long its very possible I've missed the blatantly obvious.
3 REPLIES 3

Kelly__Prior
Level 2
I have just looked back over my notes from the day this started and I also applied some hotfixes to both SBS and BExec...then rebooted...

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello Kelly,

Perform the following to resolve the issue.

- Check for any Pending Alerts and Respond to them from the Alerts Tab.

- Create a new Backup Job and select the Drive from Device and Media under Destination.

- Check the Media Set properties. Refer the following Technote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237374.htm

- Run the backup on a new Media and verify the results.

Hope this helps.

Kelly__Prior
Level 2
Thanks for your help.

I didn't think this could be the problem because I hadn't made any chances to the job at all, but someone obviously had because the overwrite protection period had been changed to infinite!

Now I have another problem but I'll post that as a seperate forum entry.

Thanks again.