cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access denied while setting up a backup to disk folder permission/conect OK

Jerry_Powell
Level 2
I am connecting a networked Lacie D2 mini ethernet drive to 3 servers all running Backup exec. 2 no problems the third everytime I go to create back up to disk folder it gives me an access denied error message. I can browse the drive in net neighborhood and can ping address and by name. In the veritas error log "I get an error occurred while proccessing B2D on Changer: Create path()Create directory1 failed error=5" I can ping by address and name. I can browse it in net neighborhood. I can create a Backup to disk file locally so not permission issue.
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please paste here the exact error message while creating B2D. Try to create the folder with UNC path.

Is any Event Id under System\Application Events Id generated related to the same ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.