cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

admin password change no backup

RodgerH
Level 3
 Hi all,

We have Windows Nt4.5 small business server running Exchange 5.5 and BackupExec 8.6.  I changed the administrator password and since change can not backup mailboxes.  I get error message  "unable to attach to severname\microsoft Exchange mailboxes  access is denied". Any help please

Thanks
Rodger
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 You also need to change the password itself in backup exec - there is a logon it uses for each resource or server - and it attaches itself to the job. In 8.6, you can go into the Job definition - right click on each resource and choose attach as - then change the password from here - then resubmit your job.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
 Hello Rodger,

The BENT service is still using the old password. You need to change it to the same one as your new admin password. I don't use exchange but that's a common problem if you installed BE and used the administrator account. 

Hope this solves your issue

Harry

RodgerH
Level 3
 I have changed the password on all the backup exec services and this did not help. Any other idea please

Rodger

Marksw
Level 5
 You also need to change the password itself in backup exec - there is a logon it uses for each resource or server - and it attaches itself to the job. In 8.6, you can go into the Job definition - right click on each resource and choose attach as - then change the password from here - then resubmit your job.

Mark