cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced file option minimum inactive timeout problem!please help!

domenico_petron
Level 3
backup exec 9.1 on windows 2000 server:
0f0:unable initialitation for drive C: advanced file option used,veritas volume snapshot provider(vsp),impossible to obtain minimum inactive timeout for fisical volume.
advanced file option jump 61 files.
6 REPLIES 6

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technotes.
Title:
What is the intended use of the Open File Option and the Advanced Open File Option?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

Title:
A backup job in Backup Exec 9.x or 10.0 fails with the error: "Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume" and "The semaphore timeout period has expired" when Advanced Open File Option is used.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258341

Title:
Local backups using Advanced Open File Option fail with the error "OFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP). OFO: Backup Exec failed to establish communication with the Advanced Open File Option component. A reinstallation of the Advanced Open File Option is probably necessary."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259295

If the issue persists, revert with the exact error message.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

domenico_petron
Level 3
ok 2nd is the correct way!because of it's impossible to shutdown applicatins third party that must be on during 24 hour,it must be lower from 5 to 2!
but
what does it mean perhaps data will be inconsistent in this mode and how can i check the day after that backup is ok!
It says "backup done all is ok" but your knowledge says verify it the same!
how can i verify it also if it says is all ok?
thanks everybody

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

The note in the second technote says that "Test backups and restores should be performed to verify the integrity of the data." It means that you may take a test backup and try to restore it, which will show if there is any problem or not. However, it is always recommended to stop anti-virus services and other third party applications during backups or restore. This enables less possibility of failing the job with this error.

Hope this answers you question.

Regards.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

domenico_petron
Level 3
uhm!i think it's so absurd things you say!
ok i've resolved my problem pushing down valour to 2!But i've spent a lot of money and i do't want to think that every day i must turn off anivirus or third party software!it means that veritas backup can't work in very important factory where hacker stays on 24 hour waiting for door or defense relax themself!
and i can't think veritas wants me to check every day if backup is ok with a restore check!i hope is sufficient to check the test backup sign!
i'm very uhm.....!for these 2 considerations!

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I can understand your concern regarding data protection. The reason for stopping the antivirus services during backup or restore is that if the antivirus are running at the same time when backup or restore is running, then it may cause in delay in the time to backup the data and may create problems.

However, happy to know that your problem is resolved.

Please revert if you have any other queries.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.