cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

again Quantum Superloader 3 with DLT tapes

Anahaym
Level 2

Hi,

i have Quantum Superloader 3 with DLT tapes, which is connected to server HP DL380 G5 via SCSI Ultra320.
I found out that this combination doesn't work on Windows Server 2008, and the solution is:

- switch to Windows Server 2003, because it uses SCSI port drivers instead of StorPort driver as Windows Server 2008 and higher.
or
- switch to SCSI Ultra160

i have no different SCSI controller, then i decided to install Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 to server in the hope that it will work.
but what was my disappointment, that 2003 uses StorPort as well... Why? As a result BE doesn't see any Tapes.

Can i switch on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 SCSI driver to SCSIport? if yes - how?
Probably i must install Windows Server 2003 x86?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I'd honestly suggest you direct this question to the Microsoft and/or HPE forums for assistance here. THis is an OS issue, not a Veritas Backup Exec issue.

BE sees what Windows sees.

Thanks!

Anahaym
Level 2

CraigV thank you for your answer, i hoped, that somebody has same experience and can shared solution here.
when i'm searching in Internet almost all answers comes from this forum

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I think the reason you've been directed here has to do with issues dealing with hardware and BE...but not hardware and Windows support.

Thanks!