cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attempting to connect to server ...... access is denied

eric_johnson_6
Level 2
ALL MACHINES ARE WINDOWS 2000 SERVER

For several months everything has been working okay, with one bkupexec server and several clients

I updated all servers with the latest microsoft OS patches.

A few days later I tried to install a agent on a new server but it failed (see thread title)

I upgraded the backup server to Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 2, but the problem remained.

I then noticed ALL my server were producing the same error when I tried to push the agent onto them.

Backups still work

Where can I get the latest agent to manually install it.
8 REPLIES 8

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
My suspicions involve the password you are pushing it out with. Try running the installer locally, as detailed here:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258982.htm

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Refer the following technote to manually install Remote on all remote machines.
Title:
How to perform a local installation of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers or the Advanced Open File Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

- Ensure that Backup Exec Service Account has Local Admin rights / Domain admin rights on the remote machines.
- Ensure that the password you are providing is correct and is the same as on the remote server
- Provide the exact error message if the problem persists.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Are you aware that you just posted the same link I already had?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
That's SOP for these folks

Rather than inquire if the previous post has helped, they throw a bunch of TechNotes at the subject, (many of which may or may not apply) including the refernce that you have already provided

That and the continued mis-use of the English language after it has been repeatedly pointed out to them ("if we do not receive your intimation"), and way that they totally negate the usefullness of the "last posted date" field and the "has never been viewed/has changed since last viewed" icons lead me to question the intelligence and professionalism of the "techs" and management both.

Grey_Howe
Level 2
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wanted to agree with Ken. It seems as though the Veritas representitives are little more than a breathing search engine.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
My terribly ongoing "unrecognizable media" thread just had the same link posted by Veritas that Veritas themselves had already posted.

I wonder if they even read these posts.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr David1256,

We would like to know if you were able to install the Remote Agent locally using the technote given. We request you to kindly update.

Regards,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.