cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing up Oracle Database Appliance

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Hi, I have a customer who wants to backup an Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) configuration something like below:

> ODA x7-2 HA model
OS(Oracle Enterprise Linux6.9) x 2 hosts

> Backup Exec server: StoreEasy1660
OS(Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2016 Standard Edition)

They say they want to backup the Oracle database data to the Backup Exec's internal drive. They want to take an online backup of the database.

Do we support backing ODA with BE? Oracle Linux 6.9 isn't listed in the SCL but if they upgrade to a compatible version, do we support this? It seems ODA and NBU is okay. Also, are there plans to support Oracle Linux 6.6 to 6.9? Don't see any update since Feb. of last year.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you. I appreciate any further feedback on this. I would assume that as long as the OS and database running on this appliance is listed in the SCL, we should be able to support this though. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NeerT
Level 4

As per the SCL ODA is not yet supported with BE. I am checking with the concerned team for any roadmap on the same. Will update once i get more information on the same.

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you. I appreciate any further feedback on this. I would assume that as long as the OS and database running on this appliance is listed in the SCL, we should be able to support this though.