Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing up VM on Hyper-V failover cluster

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

I appreciate the advice again. I have a customer who wants to take a full backup of a VM that runs on a 2-node Hyper-V cluster (no need to backup the Hyper-V host itself, just the VMs). They will have two LANs (production LAN and backup LAN) from each Hyper-V host. With this in mind, if they want to take the backup through the backup LAN, do they need to assign a cluster IP address for the backup LAN as well? 

My understanding is that Backup Exec doesn't use the cluster IP address but just needs the IP address for the backup LAN for each Hyper-V node. Also, you need to install the Windows agents on to each Hyper-V host. Is this understanding correct?

I'm not too familiar with setting up Backup Exec to backup a VM running on Hyper-V cluster via a backup LAN so I appreciate the advice. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec backs up CSV VM's using cluster name (IP) so to use backup LAN cluster IP should be part of backup LAN.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec backs up CSV VM's using cluster name (IP) so to use backup LAN cluster IP should be part of backup LAN.