Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup Exec 2012 with Hyper-v cluster - backup selection is showing as blank

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

I need the help,

we have backup exec 2012 media server, configured backup with hyper-v cluster, which is contain 5 nodes,

The backup was completed successfully, but now it is getting fail, If I open the backup job, the backup selection list is showing blank, not backup selection is found, 

and also verify the backup exec remote services on hyper nodes are online, but still it is showing as blank in backup selection list.

Any suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

NBU_13

The main issue is not clearly being explained in your comments above.

1. Are rnly the Hyper-V selections not visible in the backup selection list?

Check to confirm nothing has changed with the account being used to backup Hyper-V or the requirements for backing up Hyper-V.

2. None of the selections are visible for that remote machine?

Is the remote agent installed? Is the remote agent service running? is it publishing? is the remote agent up to date?

3. You said that the job used to work fine but is not failing. What error message you see in the failed job log?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

What error is genereated in your failed backup job?

lmosla
Level 6

Do you have a agent license for each host?  What version of Windows OS and Hyper-v?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

License is fine, because backup was successful till before few days backup, but suddenly stopped working and then Iam unable to view the backup selection list, it is showing blank, 

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

NBU_13

The main issue is not clearly being explained in your comments above.

1. Are rnly the Hyper-V selections not visible in the backup selection list?

Check to confirm nothing has changed with the account being used to backup Hyper-V or the requirements for backing up Hyper-V.

2. None of the selections are visible for that remote machine?

Is the remote agent installed? Is the remote agent service running? is it publishing? is the remote agent up to date?

3. You said that the job used to work fine but is not failing. What error message you see in the failed job log?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

Thank you all,

I have fixed the issue, there was issue with backup exec remote agent server, the service was hang, once I have restarted the service, it is fine, I can able to view backup sellection list with vm and test backups are running fine and get successful.