cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup being cancelled

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Hello,

Here is my problem, I am running Backup Exec 12 rev 1364 on Windows Server 2003 SP2.  What been happening that last couple of weeks my backup has been cancelled by user and giving me an error code of e000e020 (V-79-10100).  I be trying to find a solution and having no luck.  Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you

Gerald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
17 REPLIES 17

AmolB

Backup JObs are missing the backup window, check the alerts tab for any alerts.

May be the job is waiting for you to respond to the alert or the device is busy.

Sir_Fang_the_Gr
Level 3
Employee

I agree with Amol, your job is probably configured to start within a time window and is missing it either due to data growth(longer jobs) or issues with your media (tapes or disk full).  Check the start and stop time for the jobs and look at the status column on the job monitor.  If you see a green question mark under the status, you need to right click and respond to alert.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools - Alerts Category and check whether there is an automatic response set for the Media Insert alert.  If it is set, clear it, but note that this alert is for asking you to insert an overwriteable tape which means that the amount of data being backed up has exceeded the capacity of the first tape.

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

The backup has been setup is the tapes are full then they can overwrite the old information.

Now today I ran a test on one of the backup and it went fine.  Doing a manual backup to make sure it works.  During this process it doesn't give me a percentage of what is being completed or how much data its collected.  Now I am new to this particular software, and the role of this job. 

Can this software be setup, if a job that is being schedule and another job is being activate (running the backup) can the schedule wait until that job is finished before it starts even if it has a time appointed to it? 

AmolB

During this process it doesn't give me a percentage of what is being completed or how much data its collected

There is an option called progress indicator which will display the progress of backup in % but its not

a recommended option as the backup speed degrades and it will utilize resources too.

Can this software be setup, if a job that is being schedule and another job is being activate (running the backup) can the schedule wait until that job is finished before it starts even if it has a time appointed to it?

You can create jobs thorugh policies and setup rules for the backup job.

Policy based jobs will use same selection list

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

You can create jobs thorugh policies and setup rules for the backup job.

Policy based jobs will use same selection list

Thanks.  I will look into that later.

I have notice something else with this backup issue.  I am running a backup, the job status going to Running, then Queued status.  Does this mean its just gathering information (files) first then does a backup?  But I also hearing the LTO drive working here also. 

Thanks for your help again.

AmolB

If the job is shows status Running ->Queued then definately its waiting for you to 

respond to the media insert alert.

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Okay, what I'm I looking for?  I do not see any windows to responsed to.

AmolB

In the BE console, check the alerts tab.

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Media Insert alert is checked off, but it's greyed out.

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

I found something else today not sure if it has an solution to this problem or not.  When I was switching the tapes today I found that three tapes do not match up to bar codes to the empty cases that I have.  Not knowing if we had bad tapes in the past and the bar codes to the empty cases did not get updated or not.  (Since I just started this role last week)  Would this have any problems why a job is stuck on Queued?  But when I ran a Test job it completed okay.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you run a Scan to make sure that the slot information is correct?

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Ran a scan and it was okay.  I going to try to update the drivers to manufacture (Dell) instead of using Symantec's driver.

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Okay, updated drivers to Dell manufacture and now Backup will not scan or inventory.  Can someone let me know where I can find the Symantec Drivers for LTO?  Using Backup Exec 12.0 Build 1364.

Thank you

AmolB

To install Symantec drivers run tapeinst.exe, its located at X:\Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec

Gerald_Kuiper
Level 3

Tried that and it gave me an error message that I do not have any qualified symantec products installed.  But when you running backup exec and goto Help, About . . . , and License it states Yes down my list.  So my next step is trying to repair this copy of Backup Exec and no one made a copy of the download for Backup Exec 12.0.  So I am hoping someone can send me a link where I can download a copy of Backup Exec 12.0 so I can repair my copy of Backup Exec. 

AmolB