cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 11d, reinstalling onto a new server

decoyboy
Not applicable
Hey all,

I have my current backup exec 11d 7170 installed on one server but I wish to install onto a new server to hold all my current jobs, how do I proceed?
I did not see a method to export the current jobs, should I recreate them on the new server from scratch? 16 jobs, 15 of them are just file share agent backups and 1 is an oracle agent backup.
Also do I uninstall the remote agents and reinstall on the new server?

Thanks in advance!

Decoyboy
3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Here's your document:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/319367

This applies if both machines have same version of Backup Exec. If you plan to have a higher version of BE on the new server, then you may first install BE 11d, migrate database and then perform an upgrade there.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

As I understand:
-- You are planning to migrate Backup Exec 11d on a new server with same version...BE 11d

Steps:
1  : Run Live Update for Backup Exec on the current server.
2  : Push install the remote agents on all the remote servers.
3  : Install Backup Exec 11d on the new server and run Live Update
4  : Stop all the Services on the NEW and the OLD server , even the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service
5  : Rename the folders DATA and CATALOG on the new server C:\prog .files\symantec\Backup Exec\
6  : Copy the DATA and the CATALOGS folder on the NEW server to the said location
7  : Start the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) only on the NEW Server.

Follow the above document mentioned by BEsymc from
IV. Move Backup Exec data from the temporary location to the new Backup Exec media server

Remote Agent upgrade:
We do not require to reinstall remote agents we only need to publish remote agents to the correct Backup Exec Server:
1  : Open the Remote Agent Utility on the remote agent...Start-->All Prog-->Symantec-->Remote Agent
2  : Click on the Publishing TAB and check Enable Publishing and place the NAME or the IP Address of the NEW Backup Exec server.
3  : Restart the Remote agent Service.

Hope this helps...

Dev_T
Level 6
any news here?