cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 12.5

AndyComputers
Level 3
I have the program installed and setup with time and dates to run, but the services keep stopping by themselves. If im on the server 2 or 3 hours prior to the scheduled backup, it will run and complete successfully. If the server is left at idle all day, it will not run, and the following morning I have to restart all services in the back up exec program. This is somthing simple im sure, I'm just missing it.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Other notes
Running windows server 2008 software.
Have the power options on high performance
have selected not to turn off hard disk, screen
and also not to hibernate.
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Andy,

Which version of Server 2008 is this?
Is Backup Exec 12.5 fully patched, and are you getting any specific errors in your jobs/Event Viewer?

Thanks!

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Please uninstall and re-install .NET Framework.
In most cases this fixes problems with stopping services.

best regards!

AndyComputers
Level 3
Hi,
 Thank you for your reply. It's windows server 2008 standard, with sp1. No errors since the patches were installed. The services just stop running if at idle for a long period of time.

AndyComputers
Level 3
Thank you for your reply.

I will try this today, and post the results on monday. Once again thanks!

Angela_Kendrick
Not applicable
I'm using Backup exec 12.5 for small business server.  Do i need a separate license to back the exchange components of small business server 2003 or is there an alternative way to backup of the information store without purchasing a separate license?

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
As far as I know, the exchange agent is already included in the SBS edition.
Any problems backing it up?

best regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Guys, don't piggy-back a query on someone else's query. Nobody else in the forum is aware of the query or the solution if it's not opened correctly.