backup exec 15 exchange backup faild

Omerino
Level 3

Hi,

i'm backing up to dedupliaction folder using backup exec 15:

AD is working fine

Exchange 2010 is failing with the following errors

Backup- EX1.gg.co.il
V-79-57344-33918 - ADBO: Your evaluation copy of the Advanced Disk-based Backup Option (ADBO) has ex...

Backup- \\EX1.gg.co.il\Microsoft Information Store\Main
This resource will be backed up without collecting additional information for synthetic backup and f...

Backup- \\EX1.gg.co.il\Microsoft Information Store\GG
This resource will be backed up without collecting additional information for synthetic backup and f...

Backup- \\EX1.gg.co.il\System?State

ADBO option isn't checked in the job and there is no option for adbo in the licenese's

iv'e recreate the job from scratch but the i'm getting the same error

how cna i resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check that you are using Modified Time or Archive Bit as your backup method and not the Using Catalog method

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check that the off-host option is not selected in your job

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Also Turn off True Image or Synthetic backup job options  (and just use standard Full with Incremental or diffferential settings)

Basically the errors all relate to you not having an ADBO license and it may have worked for 60 days under trialware and then started to fail. You won't actually see a setting called ADBO in the job config as ADBO encompasses more then one setting that you could have enabled by accident. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check that you are using Modified Time or Archive Bit as your backup method and not the Using Catalog method

Omerino
Level 3

off-host option is not selected in the job properties

i'm using catalog method just changed it to archive bit and will check today.

where do i turn off ture image or synthetic image ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you use the catalog method, you are doing a true image/synthetic backup. You should be using the modified time method which is the preferred method

Omerino
Level 3

thanks changing it to archive bit insted of catalog done the trick.