Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2010 r3 hangs after backup

liranp1
Level 2

hi all

first my configuration:

i have HP server proliant 385G2 that runs VMWARE ESXI 4.

i have hp tape LTO3 external i think this is the 920 model.

i run 4 OS's, 3 server 2008 64 bit and one server 2003 R2.

i installed BE 2010 R3 trial on my SERVER 2003 R2 , and installed agents on the 2008 machines.

the backup goes fine but it won't finish, i backup 400G and BE stuck on a messege to replace media. i set the backup job to eject media, but even when i put a new media the job don't stop, in the window i select answer yes after 1 minute but the job don't stop. i have to respond manualy for the job to stop.

how can i make the job stop after it finishes the backup, and detect a new media for the next scheduled job?

10x

Liran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools ---> Alert Categories and configure an auto-response for the Media Remove  Alert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your job is far from finished.  When your job finishes, the alert will ask you remove the tape and not ask you to replace the media.  When you put in the new tape, the backup job is continuing to write to the tape.  You got to let the job finish.  You can go to the Job Monitor tab and you would see that the byte count for the job is increasing.

When you job finishes, it will prompt you for the first tape, so that it can start to verify the backup.

liranp1
Level 2

sorry, i wrote it wrong, the alert ask me to remove media and click ok, when i click ok the job is finished.

i want BE to finish the job and eject the media, and finish the job without me clicking OK to the new media.

i stated another backup in a few hours i'll have print screen for you if you need one.

10x

wmheid
Level 4

Just to make sure, when you create the backup job under Destination, Device and Media, you have a check in the box next to "Eject Media After Job Completes."  Is that correct?

Do you have the "Retension media before backup" checked?

What happens if you create a backup job of about 10MB of data?  Does it work then?

Is there more than one alert for media when this happens?

Under Alerts, Configure Alert Categories, Library Insert.  Is "Automatically Clear alert after" set?  If it is try turning it off.

Look under Tools, Options, Settings, Media Management.  Try clearing the checkbox next to "Prompt Before overwriting imported media."

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools ---> Alert Categories and configure an auto-response for the Media Remove  Alert