cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2012 crashes when trying to edit job

bhc
Level 4

The server is running the latest service pack.. and have restarted the server.

First problem. If I click "edit backups" I get these two prompts. The software crashes and closes itself. 

This is doing it on every server I click.

Second problem..

I can see I had a 100% backup on the 22/05. For starters, I couldn't see anything. With a fresh catalog folder, all I can is a backup on the 11/06/2012 and 09/06/2012. 

So to verdict, I cannot see my backuped up jobs in restore and I cannot edit any server backup jobs. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ali_Asgar
Level 2
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any crash dumps that may have occurred?  They can be found here (default location) c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\BEDBG).

It would be helpful to also take screenshot of the application when error occurs. Make sure to click 'View additional information' before taking snapshot, so as to get all the details.

Please let me know when you have these and I will PM you instructions on how to upload these.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I suspect this may not be the same condition but we are aware of a crash relating to editing jobs

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH192047

Please be aware that we can't really troubleshoot crashes via the forums. As such I recommend you log a formal support case.