cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec and rd1000 removable hard drive device

itla2001
Level 2
I have a dell server with an internal rd1000. which is a removable hard drive device.  the hard drive are in cassett,  it functions like a tape in that there is a botton that when press ejects the drive cartridge.  unfortunately once your backup software has a job scheduled to backup to device it won't eject.  so I can not switch drives without erasing all of the backup.

how do I get around this problem.

thanks

jon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Jon,

If you have a job running already, it won't eject at all. It would also do that with a tape.
If the job has completed, you will probably need to run an Unlock job to eject and remove the cartridge.

Laters!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Hi Jon,

If you have a job running already, it won't eject at all. It would also do that with a tape.
If the job has completed, you will probably need to run an Unlock job to eject and remove the cartridge.

Laters!

itla2001
Level 2
can I run the unlock job as part of the original job.  or schedule to run at end of backup job

jon

CraigV
Yes you can...

You can schedule the Unlock job to run after your job ends (give it a bit of headroom for job growth, so say 30 minutes afterwards). Just take the media out soon enough, as I suspect that BEWS gains a lock on the device again.
You can also set the media to eject on job completion, and you do this in your job.
Go to Device and Media, and select Eject media after job completes.

Laters!

itla2001
Level 2
i'll try that

thanks

jon

CraigV
Any news here Jon?

CraigV

Come right here at all Jon?