Highlighted

backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode.

when i want backed up from my backup exec server ,the job failed with the following error:

"backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode. Ensure that the selection is valid for a backup operation, and then try the job again"

but i dont have enterpriese vault, please guide me for resolve this problem.

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Re: backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode.

Try using this solution instead https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-archival-option-vault-store-status-backup-mode-0#comment-8110431

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Re: backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode.

Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences. Disable the Archiving Option, recreate your job and try again

Thank you for your response,

Thank you for your response, i have two questiones

1- if disable archiving option components, Is not there a problem in restoring backups ?

2- i am administrator in three independent networks, and in two network without disable archiving option the job of backup exec server completed successfully, What causes an error in this network ?

Accepted Solution!

Try using this solution instead https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-archival-option-vault-store-status-backup-mode-0#comment-8110431

View solution in original post

i read this article but it

i read this article but it was not my question.t

the way that you said solved my problem and I thank you and  i grateful if you answer to my previous questiones.

1) Since I am now not asking

1) Since I am now not asking you to disable the archive option, this question is irrelevant.

2) Problems do not manifest themselves in all servers.