cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode.

masoud_gharibdo
Level 3

when i want backed up from my backup exec server ,the job failed with the following error:

"backup exec cannot place the archiving option vault stores or index locations into backup mode. Ensure that the selection is valid for a backup operation, and then try the job again"

but i dont have enterpriese vault, please guide me for resolve this problem.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Try using this solution instead https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-archival-option-vault-store-status-backup-mode-0#comment-8110431

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences. Disable the Archiving Option, recreate your job and try again

masoud_gharibdo
Level 3

Thank you for your response, i have two questiones

1- if disable archiving option components, Is not there a problem in restoring backups ?

2- i am administrator in three independent networks, and in two network without disable archiving option the job of backup exec server completed successfully, What causes an error in this network ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Try using this solution instead https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-archival-option-vault-store-status-backup-mode-0#comment-8110431

masoud_gharibdo
Level 3

i read this article but it was not my question.t

the way that you said solved my problem and I thank you and  i grateful if you answer to my previous questiones.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Since I am now not asking you to disable the archive option, this question is irrelevant.

2) Problems do not manifest themselves in all servers.