cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec cannot show all resource

Terry_Song
Level 3

Hi

Bacup exec 2010 cannot run. there is no answer when i click Test All button at Resource Credentials page. when i create a new backup job,at Selections page,View by Resource, the name colume show Connection with... always. Attached is failed job log.  it is used for backup SQL database

16 REPLIES 16

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure a system logon account exists in BE with the format as domain\user and is preferably the same account used by the BE services as well.

Have a look @ this KB and confirm if the BE account has these rights or not - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Terry_Song
Level 3

Yes, the account already exists, both in BE and BE services, by the way, i cannot access the link you shared.

VJware
Level 6

I am able to access the link, would you pls try once again.

What rights does the Backup Exec service account need? - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23689

Terry_Song
Level 3

still cannot access the link,it should be the area issue, i am located in China,

the BackupExec service account have full rights, it's the member of administrators and backup operators

VJware
Level 6

Verbatim from the above KB ~

Backup Exec account must have the following rights:

Act as part of the operating system
Backup files and directories
Create a token object
Logon as a batch job
Logon as a service
Manage auditing and security log
Restore files and directories
Take ownership of files and other objects

Also make sure the account is not added under:

Deny logon as a service
Deny logon as a batch

The account should have its Primary role as Domain Admin in Active Directory.

Terry_Song
Level 3

Thanks for your information, but i don't think the account issue is the root cause, I had never changed any setting of BE, also this is a stand alone server, not in any domain, I would like to upload some picture about the BE configration later.

Terry_Song
Level 3

I would like to descripe the problem again with Pictures.

Selections page:no resource dispaly, in Name column always show connection with....

Resource Credentials: once click Test ALL or Test Selected, no anwser. no error message and still stay on this page.

My Questions:

1.why cannot show resource?

2.why cannot test backup?

VJware
Level 6

From exp, this error mostly always occurs due to the BE account not having sufficient rights. Would you verify if the account does have all the rights as mentioned above ?

Have you verified if a System Logon Account has been configured in BE via Network - Logon Accounts ? If yes, edit the account and re-enter the password.

Terry_Song
Level 3

Hi VJware

I understand now it is a BE account issue. it is fixed by change logon accounts, but still cannot backup SQL database by user account SA or windows administrator

VJware
Level 6

For SQL, do ensure remote connections are enabled. On the SQL server, open cliconfg from Run and enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes protocols.

Is the Agent for SQL license installed on the BE media server ?

Terry_Song
Level 3

SQL 2008 and BE Management are running on the same server, and this server running as well with both SQL 2008 and BE for 2 years. now it is in trouble.

BE SQL license installed on this server.

VJware
Level 6

If you have confirmed remote connections to the SQL instance are enabled, then would recommend to enable debugging per the following KB and either post/pm the sgmon log.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH197803

Terry_Song
Level 3

we don't have debug monitor here.

VJware
Level 6

The debug monitor (sgmon) is present under \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec directory.

Alternatively, would recommend you to log a formal support case.

Terry_Song
Level 3

Thanks, i found SGMON to run,but i try to backup  a generic folder on this server, the job start but the status always show queued for a long time, finally need to cancel the job manually.

VJware
Level 6

If it is queued for long time, ensure there isn't any active alert which requires a response to. Addiitonally, verify if the storage device is online and available.