cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec exchange

JenMildner
Level 2
 Hi, I am using veritas 11 and backing up exchange 2003 but getting the following error

Backup- \\exchange\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error, Unable to open \\exchange\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group because it is currently being backed up by another process.
Backup- \\exchange\Microsoft Information Store\FourthGroup V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to database .
Any help please..

Thanks
Jen
8 REPLIES 8

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Make sure that the Backup Exec service account is configured in the following manner:

1  : Unique Account (1st five letters)
2  : Mailbox Enabled account : Sent an email and open it in OWA so that the Mailbox is created
3  : NOT hidden from the Global Address List
4  : Member of the Domain Admin Grpup and Local Admin if Exchange is a member server
5  : Exchange Administrator

FOR TEST PURPOSE:
Open BE...go to TOOLS-->Options-->Microsoft Exchange and Check the box : Enable Legacy Support...
Open the Selection list and try to Expand--Mailboxes....If you are able to see all the mailboxes...everything id fine....

Hope this helps...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Jen,

Check to make sure that NTbackup isn't running at the same time. Also check to make sure there are no Exchange tasks running.
I have the same issue on 1 of my other sites, which has cropped up all of a sudden...no warning! If I work it out, I will let you know too!

Laters!

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi Jen,

Make sure, Removable Storage service is disabled and Stoped.
or VSS is not also backuping Information Storage, or you have anothe job running on exchange.

JM

Carls
Level 4
 Hi Jen,

Did you perform the backup using the Domain Admin account?

Carl

JenMildner
Level 2
 I was using a account called besadmin I have changed to the domain admin should that resolve both

Jen

Carls
Level 4
 Jen,
In a single domain network using the Domain Admin account should do the trick. Otherwise use the Exchange Admin account (or put the DA into ExA group)

Carl

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Best to rather create a new BEWS account than use either your domain administrator or Exchange Administrator accounts for running those services.

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Make sure that the Backup Exec service account is configured in the following manner:

1  : Unique Account (1st five letters)
2  : Mailbox Enabled account : Sent an email and open it in OWA so that the Mailbox is created
3  : NOT hidden from the Global Address List
4  : Member of the Domain Admin Grpup and Local Admin if Exchange is a member server
5  : Exchange Administrator