cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec failed to connect after upgrade to sp4

syahrulf
Level 2

Hi all,

Recently i have upgrade my backup exec 2012 from sp3 to sp4 via live update. but why after done that i was not able to use the BE, when i start up it said i have to login with credentials, i login with the local admin server,domain admin server all failed. and also not all services are running i try to start all service for backup exec only some of services can successfully start up the rest are failed.

i try to googling why this is happens,and come out on conclution that i has to fixed the database. then i go to BEutility and try to repair the database also came out with error. is there anyone know how to solve this ?

please help..already 3 days my BE no running

thanks

syahrul 

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the SQL instance for BE started ? What error do you receive when you try to start the BE services ? What errors are logged in the event viewer ?

Lastly, using the Task Manager, do ensure lugetupdates.exe process is not running. If its running, end this process and then try to restart the BE services.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Use BEUtility and re-enter  the id and password for the BE services again.

syahrulf
Level 2

Hi VJware I have tried and below are the result :

Is the SQL instance for BE started ? is this you mean SQL Server(BKUPEXEC) ?

yes it is is running

What error do you receive when you try to start the BE services ?

for example u start BE job engine it said "error 1068 : the dependency service or group  failed to start"

What errors are logged in the event viewer ?

on event viewer ther is 2 error captured

1st is MSSQL$BKUPEXEC event id 5173

One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

2nd is Backup Exec event id 58068

The Backup Exec Device and Media Service could not start because the database recovery has failed.  Refer to the database recovery log for details.

i check lugetupdates.exe is not running

i try to start same issue is happening

syahrulf
Level 2

hi pkh,

i have tried to change service account it cames out with

also i tried in this BeUtility : Change database access, repair database, rebuild database indices all completed with errors

syahrulf
Level 2

Hi vj ware,

Is the SQL instance for BE started ? is this you mean SQL server (BKUPEXEC) yes it is running

What error do you receive when you try to start the BE services ? it said error 1068 : the dependency service or group failed to start

What errors are logged in the event viewer ? there are 2 error on event viewer

1st is MSSQL$BKUPEXEC event ID 5173 One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files.  If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

i never tried to attached any database to my server

2nd is Backup Exec Event ID 58068 The Backup Exec Device and Media Service could not start because the database recovery has failed.  Refer to the database recovery log for details.

and for the lugetupdates.exe i check it is not running but still i cannot connect it asking for username and password.

thanks

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

i would recommend to log a formal support case as further steps may involving restoring the BEDB from backup or base.